is a two-year joint Master program in Contemporary Performance and Composition offering the students an open platform for experimental artistic practice within a European setting.
The programme's participating institutions are:
- Eesti Muusika- ja Teatriakadeemia (Estonia)
- Kungl. Musikhögskolan i Stockholm (Sweden)
- Conservatoire National Supérieur Musique et Danse de Lyon (France)
- Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg (Germany)
You will spend each of the four semesters in a different institution, moving from one to the other as a group with the other CoPeCo students. Your studies will be centered around the Master Degree Project which you will complete over the two-year study period.
The program was developed under the auspices of LLP Erasmus Curriculum Development Project (2010 -2013)
CoPeCo is for you if you are:
- a musician (composer, performer or both) passionate about experimenting with new music looking and for the possibility to complete a large-scale individual artistic project in a supportive collaborative study environment
- willing to work in a group
- already experienced in and/or interested in developing yourself further in the following key areas:
- composer-performer collaboration
- cross-disciplinary collaboration
- new technologies
- holding a Bachelor degree or equivalent in music or on your final year of undergraduate music studies
CoPeCo can offer you:
- freedom to conceive your artistic degree project and full support in its realization, provided that the project can be delivered within the duration of your studies and remains within the framework of funds and facilities available to you in all participating institutions
- the possibility to work on your individual artistic project in a supportive environment of group synergy, benefiting from open and collegial relations with your tutors and peers
- the possibility to work on smaller-scale group projects with your peers
- individual tutoring to improve your music skills (vocal, instrumental, compositional and other)
- the possibility to develop your artistic pursuits in different cultural contexts
- the competencies necessary to adjust to the challenges of the arts scene and lead a freelance career as well as work within the framework of established arts institutions
Following administrative requirements should be sent by post to HfMT Hamburg to following adress
- Filled up application form
- Degree Certificate: Degree of Bachelor in Music (180 credits) or equivalent.
- a CV in table form
- a passport photo which has the name of the applicant on the back
- Proof of English language skills (B1): IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent
- Signed commitment letter confirming the authorship of the recordings/compositions
- Project proposal describing the Masters Degree Project the applicant wishes to undertake during the course. The Masters Degree Project proposal is one of the most important elements in the application portfolio and should relate to at least some of the key features of the study programme – collaboration, cross-disciplinary interaction, new technologies, improvisation.
Plase send to:
Hochule für Musik und Theater Hamburg
Frau Dr. Almuth Hoberg,
Harvestehuder Weg 12, 20148 Hamburg
The following documents have to be uploaded to the common platform www.copeco.net (all documents should be written in English):
- For composers: portfolio of compositions with scores or recordings (where scores are not applicable) of at least 3 contrasting original compositions with an overall duration of at least 15 minutes.
- For performers: portfolio of recordings containing at least 2 contrasting excerpts with an overall duration of at least 15 minutes accompanied by the titles and authors of works in the order they appear on the recording.
- For performer/composers: portfolio containing the scores of at least 1 original composition, a recording of at least 1 performance and 1 work of your choice with a combined duration of at least 15 minutes
- CV detailing artistic and professional experience together with an ID photo
- Motivation letter outlining the aims and goals of the applicant with regard to the programme
Accepted file formats: PDF, mp3, mp4, AVI for all material uploaded.
All documents, including portfolio and Master’s Degree Project proposal, are evaluated by the jury of the institution where you apply. Applicants whose documents meet the requirements and reflect his/her necessary academic and artistic level are allowed to the second examination round.